Monday, May 21, 2012

Kenton Street Fair

Well, yesterday was the second time I put my artwork out in mass to sell to the public. Again, scary but this time my friend Jenn Feeney was there showing her paintings as well. At least the day was much less painful having company; there weren't long stretches of silence, instead lots of giggles! The people watching was awesome but the sales were not. Oh well! Perhaps this isn't my calling to do street fairs, not that I won't try again but perhaps some other venue.
Here's the set up from yesterday:

I think we had the most attractive and eye appealing booth there! Personal opinion of course :) I sold two pieces yesterday. One was to a friend who had requested a wood burning of a flicker; I created this and held it under the table until she could come by. The other was one of my favorites - the Poppy piece. 

I must say it's nice to sell a piece to someone who is really in love with it. 
There are many more pieces that I have which need to find homes. As much as I love the work created there is only so many spaces on my own walls to fill! I am looking to move forward with the Etsy account I set up to move some artwork. I am excited to see if that sparks any interest in the world! 
I will post on this blog when the site is ready. 
Until then - Enjoy the beauty that every day brings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment