Friday, April 27, 2012

The week as a Roll, what did you flush?

Wow! The week has flown by, they go by faster the older I get.
 Monday comes, it's the beginning of a fresh week. Like a new toilet paper roll, it's big and soft and full - seems everlasting. Slowly a few squares at a time, the roll diminishes. Unnoticeable on Tuesday, showing signs of use by Wednesday. Thursday comes but little thought is given - too caught up in the happenings of the day; in and out in a flash, lots to do. And now it's Friday. The week is gone. There are only 4 squares left on the paper tubing. Looking back at the week, I wonder where it went? Did I use the time wisely or thoughtlessly grab handfuls for little use and flush it away?
Thankfully, I can report that I made good use of every square of time for this week! Monday still had the sun shining and gave me the opportunity to work outside all day! It was AWESOME! Alas, the sun disappeared and only peeked out between rain showers the rest of the week. But I was able to move inside and keep plucking away on the roll. I do have to admit to one day with hick-ups. It was a reality check that definitely burst my high floating balloon. But that's why they say life is full of ups and downs. Sometimes a little deflation puts us back on course, with a better sense of reality. ( Ouch :) )
Here's some of what I was up to this week:

Pardon my toes! I loved the wood grain on this panel and felt a sunset would be the best way to compliment the grain. 

There are flowers in bloom every where with Spring slowly making it's presence known. I love the Camilla Trees - bushes? The ones I have seen are old 'trees' tall with deep green leaves and beautiful rose like flowers, full blown with color. 

Lucky for me I have a nice selection of flowers blooming in my yard, thanks to the original home owners (1928 - 2000?) they left behind roses, tulips, daffodils, and other flowers. However, last year I was gifted some iris bulbs, and they are blooming nicely. As a tribute to them...
I really dig the way that most subjects look before they are painted, but then I add color and it's difficult to decide which way I like better! 

This picture really doesn't show the color well. Not quite sure why but these are painted purple. However, after taking several pictures the only way it wants to be shown is as blue - go figure? 
And last but certainly not least is one that I think is still in progress... 
The birds have been in FULL swing of Spring in the backyard! The trees are full of movement; dashes and dots of swooping souls in multitudes of colors and song. It brings me such great joy (really, it's almost boarder-line nutty) to watch with Awe how the birds fly with such grace, hang upside down, hop in the grasses and splash in the fountain. I picked a few favorites that are constants at the feeders to adorn this panel. 
Top is the common house sparrow, chick-a-dee in the middle and Bewick's Wren at the bottom. 
I think these guys need just a touch of paint to finish them up and perhaps make the tree a bit more alive with spring! 

This is mostly my week in review (with the exception of a bunch of cards). It is rewarding to look back over the week and see that the squares of time were not lost. True many squares were flushed but I am satisfied with how the roll of the week was used and the art produced. 
Enjoy the weekend but remember come Monday - it's a fresh roll! 





No comments:

Post a Comment